The Next Generation of John Crane Gas Seals
Aura® reduces operational and transactional costs using a patented polymeric sealing device. Aura reduces leakage rates by up to 15 percent, lowering the total cost of operation while protecting the environment. An enhanced rotor design extends scheduled maintenance periods, and the optional bi-directional capability reduces the need for an extensive spares inventory.
Aura provides the ultimate reliable operation in temperatures ranging from -58°F to 392°F/ -50°C to 200°C and pressures up to 3625 psi (g)/250 bar (g).
With Aura, operators gain access to localized technical expertise from the largest global service network in the industry with over 300 service engineers located worldwide. Technical support and troubleshooting from service and reliability experts is available on the widest range of applications in the industry.
Recommended for You
Calculate the economic benefits of retrofitting oil-seal equipped centrifugal compressors using the John Crane Lifecycle Cost Calculator.
- California Residents: PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Unidirectional or bidirectional capability
- Tandem configuration
- Robust design building on field-proven pedigree
- Temperature Limits
- -58°F to 392°F/ -50°C to 200°C
- Pressure Limits
- up to 3625 psi (g)/ 250 bar(g)
- Speed Limits
- up to 459fps/140m/s measured at balance diameter
- Size Limits
- for shaft sizes up to 9.25”/230mm, corresponding to seal sizes up to 12.125”/307.9mm
- Centrifugal compressors
- Other compressors
- IG Compressors
- Turbo compressor machinery
- Natural gas pipeline
- Natural gas/hydrogen refueling stations
- Oil and gas (refineries)
- API 692
- Propylene and ethylene compressor
Hundreds of experts. Over 200 global locations. Innovation and service to help you succeed.