Rescue boats and davits for offshore applications
VIKING Norsafe rescue boats are used every day by thousands of operators in the oil and gas industry as well as the renewable energy sector.
The design and construction of these boats showcase all of VIKING Norsafe's ability and experience. Our rescue boats and fast rescue boats provide great maneuverability with low maintenance standby and operation providing the means for effective search and recovery for people at sea.
Some models - MERLIN-615 R and MAKO-655 - are available as both rescue boat and fast rescue boat. We also offer a number of optional features and equipment.
Designed to ensure efficient launch and retrieval, our VIKING Norsafe rescue boat davits are suitable for most rescue boats, including fast rescue boats.
As a minimum, all rescue boat davits are SOLAS-approved, with options including Fast Rescue Boat Launching Appliances and Norsok R-002. And all davits are produced in-house at our VIKING Norsafe facilities, guaranteeing you the highest quality and safety.
Key features of VIKING Norsafe rescue boats and fast rescue boats
- Effective platform for Search and Rescue operations, developed by highly experienced designers and operators
- Easy to operate and proven in general work boat duties with flexible working space
- Proven deep-V hull design, comfortable and dry riding, with excellent sea-keeping for smooth ride and maneuverability
- Robust fibreglass (GRP) construction for maximum stregth as well as ease of maintenance and operation
- Off-load release hooks in duplex fitted as standard
- Diesel engines with EN590 fuel compliance and EPA approvals
- LED work lights, navigation and communication packages
- Options for on-load release towing hook, rescue cradle (Dacon) and shock-mitigating seats
- Crew safety gear
Key features of VIKING Norsafe rescue boat davits
- Designed and manufactured at VIKING Norsafe facilities
- All davits are SOLAS-approved
- Special solutions available for extremely high or low temperatures
- Delivered complete to enable installation and testing in one working day
- Accumulated stored power allows operation in dead ship conditions
- Stand-alone solutions that require only electrical power from rig or vessel
- Equipment can be ATEX or IEC EX-specified for operation in hazardous zones